Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Friday, January 15, 2010

Sleeping problems...

My son doesnt sleep at night unless he is in our bed...it drives me crazy. It all started when I worked Graves about 1 1/2 yrs ago, and Curtis let Chase sleep with him. Now he is sleeping in his own bed but he hates it! Its been 6 months, a year? since we have been having him sleep in his own bed again, but he still fights it. He takes forever to fall asleep and then he wakes up 3-6 times a night and comes into our room. I keep hoping it will get better, but so far its not. Most of the time its because the cats or dogs are in his room and he brings them to our room so they wont be in his anymore. He loves the cats and dogs during the day, but at night he wants no animals in his room...he doesnt want his door shut either. So what are we to do? Drug him maybe?? Kidding...I guess im so frusterated cuz I dont get good sleep now as it is with the pregnancy and being uncomfortable, and him waking me up doesnt help. Plus he is grumpy during the day and starting to get in trouble at school because he is so wired and not paying attention.
So I think he needs naps sometimes, he doesnt take them often, but seems to need one, once every week or two, when he starts acting crazy like he has been the last couple days. Currently he is down for a nap...since 1:00...and has yet to fall asleep, he has been up 2 times for no reason and is still bright eyed and bushy tailed. He may be in there all night, cuz I dont want to give up...he needs a nap, I need a nap!

2 comments:

  1. TC goes to bed in his own room, but I cant remember a night that he hasnt came and crawled in our bed. At first, he would wake me up and I would sometimes let him stay (depending on how tired I was) or I would make him go back to bed, unwillingly of course. Now, he has learned to not wake us up and he sleeps at the foot of our bed so he wont wake us up. LOL They learn. Anywho, I kinda decided that as long as he goes to bed in his won room and Tim & I get our own space its ok, for now. We also make TC take naps when he seems too tired. What time is Chase going to bed? We were having problems with TC too in school (falling asleep in class, acting out) and decided to move up his bed time and so far it seems to work for us. Plus we add a nap when we need to. Anywho, just wanted to tell you that your not alone. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super Nanny to the rescue! Ha Ha. That sux...I hope you guys figure it out soon.

    ReplyDelete