Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Saturday, February 13, 2010

Valentines day...

So Curtis and I went to a resturant called Cowboy Dinner Tree last night with some friends, it was a Valentines present early because I have to work on V day...he thought of it all himself and it was so much fun. We have wanted to go to this place for a long long time, but it is out in the middle of nowhere (Christmas Valley) in Lake County...its an 1 1/2 drive, so needless to say it takes a little planning. So this place has no electricity, really...they run everything off a generator! It is a little rinky dink wooden shack, I guess thats what I would call it. I think Scott said it looks like someone would be selling meth out of it...lol. There was a silly wooden horse and cow that the boys had fun "roping" before we went in to dinner. Its pretty cool tho...nothing matches inside, its got alot of older cowboy stuff in it, and a bunch of different tables and chairs, even diffent plates...I saw a plate there that my mom had when I was a kid. So funny. Our drink choices were pink lemonaide, iced tea or water in HUGE mason jars. None of us needed a refill, thats how big they were. First was the salad of course, then the rolls and a huge bowl of beans. Yummy those beans and rolls were soooo good! Some sort of black bean and northern bean mixture. Then came the meal of either Chicken or Tri-tip with a baked potato...oh my goodness those things were huge!!!! My chicken honest to god was a whole chicken...Im talking like take the turkey out of the oven type of chicken...obviously smaller than a turkey, but still...I ate one breast...I still have another breast, the legs, the wings, etc. You get the drift im sure. Tri-tip was huge also... I dont know what i would compair it to, a small boulder maybe! lol...it was huge. I think Curtis ate maybe half..maybe. And we all know my hubby can eat. :) Last was the desert...berrys and cream on shortcake...so good. Wow this place was so amazing, great food and a fun atmosephere. I loved it...the drive home is not so much fun, cuz your so full all you wanna do is sleep after! In fact thats what Scott and Alishia got to do, I of course was the DD. Part of the fun of being pregnant...Curtis was a good sport tho and stayed up with me so I could talk his ear off. :) What a good husband I have.

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like a yummy place to eat. The food kinda reminds me of the Knight Show by Disneyland. Did Macey go too? sounds like Scott is dating someone new? Wow, what a trek though just to go have dinner.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha, I was gonna say the same thing sis- Scott is dating someone? LOL
    Sounds like a great place to eat and that you all had a good time! Thats great! I wish we had places like that around here. Actually, Im sure we do but those kinds of places dont exactly advertise. LOL
    Glad you had fun!

    ReplyDelete